Monday, February 21, 2011

Finally Charmed!

I never thought I'd say this 1 year back. I will miss IGIDR. Not the people, but the life. Waking up at 11 in the morning and cribbing about the lack of sleep, hearing autos gyrating by even at 3 am in the morning, a heartbreakingly beautiful skyline from the guest house balcony as the evening wind breezes against the cheeks, the crows awake at 2 o'clock in the night, the late night sutta near the swimming pool, the pathetic food of the mess... so very IGIDR.

I guess once you start enjoying your work and stop cribbing about the people around, any place grows onto you. This place is indeed a researcher's paradise! Free internet and what speed! An in-house gym, swimming pool, baddy court, tennis court, the perfect seminar halls, the prim and proper cleaning of each building corner, free access to any journal you want, any software you want, any database you want! And god what a library. Infrastructure wise no institute can beat IGIDR in the near future. Take away the Santoshnagar music and if I want to be in academics I'd definitely want to be here! And in a 2.5 months this will be over, it'll be like throwing us out from Santa's big bag into the big bad world. Then I wonder should I stay back for a Ph.D?!

No comments: