Saturday, October 9, 2010

Solace in Tagore

These days, whenever I feel sad, I listen to Rabindrasangeet. It's heartbreaking, it's beyond what I can describe... It's been something I've not explored and am wondering why. It gives you solace. Mostly I guess because he went through so much... Am feeling very very depressed, I don't know why, or wait, I do know why! But am feeling even more morose after listening to the song

গহন কুসুমকুঞ্জমাঝে
মৃদুল মধুর বংশি বাজে ,
বিসরি ত্রাস - লোকলাজে
সজনি , আও আও লো ।
I read the dedication of Bhanusingha'er Padabali, it broke my heart!

উৎসর্গ

ভানুসিংহের কবিতাগুলি ছাপাইতে তুমি আমাকে অনেকবার
অনুরোধ করিয়াছিলে। তখন সে অনুরোধ পালন করি নাই।
আজ ছাপাইছি, আজ তুমি আর দেখিতে পাইলে না|

People would say don't read, don't listen to it if they make you depressed. But then what do they know of creativity, of penning down your truest, deepest feelings, of Rabindranath?

No comments: