Sunday, December 5, 2010

Why I take Astrology with a pinch of salt!

Everything and not just humans should have a horoscope if we were so to say! Astrology considers only human fate. It doesn't perhaps negate the existence of say a cat having a horoscope but I doubt if it has enough knowledge to come up with different predictions for a cat and a human born at the same time and place.

Further on similar lines, this struck me when I showed someone my brother's horoscope. The guy said he'd be rich and richer than me. So a thousand babies born at the same time and place would be equally rich! Unlikely!

My horoscope said I'd run away from college, I did not! Perhaps screwed up the chance to be rich and famous like my horoscope says! :p

I've seen people taking whatever they have on their horoscope as given and not working to improve situations. This is dangerous when you're in a mess! I know a guy who wasted almost 5 years thinking that the situation he was in was fated to be and hence he sat back and kept watching! Woww, 5 years!!!

The list ain't exhaustive, I can't remember the rest now and I lost interest in the post.

3 comments:

shekhar prasad said...

Even if we r more evolved species than other living things on earth, astrology is a science developed by us only in a quest to know the interplay of fate and learning we need to acquire to move to next higher plane of existence which is beyond the comprehension of common mind. If we are given power to know the future and its micro details then all will become good people , dere will be no injustice done to anyone. But the beauty of this set up lies in testing each individual whether he has learned from his past lives. Have anyone tried to know some people become a PhD or music composer or a athlete at tender age dey all see one side of a coin tht he is the best. no one knows how dey struggled in their past life only to reach that perfection but sadly dint taste the success in tht past life. Regarding, the prediction based on time of birth nd place, its like account balance as on birth time or u cn say closing balance of past life plus wht u did in spiritual world after gng through "akashic records". tht balance keep on changing as u grow wid macro parameters intact but micro parameters changing. it is just a tool to understand your life path not to lead your life according to that. Well it also depends on the since how long a researcher is practicing this art.
dis is only tip of ice-berg tht we see dere are yet many more manifestations yet to be known...
it better to have inquisitive attitude to anything rather than a closed adamant view which i know some people have.

shekhar prasad said...

And i have seen so many people who come with a genuine problem. One person had problem that he was not getting a gf lol... i was taken aback wid dis question... but he requested so i thought to see his horoscope... but according to my knowledge of astro i told no chance in near future. but i told him tht it is based on my personal limited knowledge. later that person came after some days and said u know i wll make a gf wid a tone which i dint like... i let it go like dat... after that the same person started bitching about me and even on placement email sequence without any context mentioned my name indirectly jus 4 fun... dis ws too much 4 me.. I hv learned my lesson... no free service... people don't care ... in return u wll be hurt... who r dey to affect me in any way?... no second chance..

asterixa said...

Finally shekhar!! I traced out your comments. Well whatever that fellow did was mean. In spite of taking astrology with a pinch of salt, you know I myself come to you. All am trying to do is to understand the logic because according to our Vedas astrology should be practiced only by those who are brilliant at astronomy and can stand up and explain to anyone who doesn't understand the logic. But all you find these days are astrologers who tell you "it holds because the stars say so" while the answer we want is "how and why do the stars say so?"